On Saturday, July 9, the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® Main Event will see two unbeaten Featherweights in champion Mark Magsayo (35-0) and former champ Rey Vargas (24-0) at the Alamodome in San Antonio (SHOW, 9 pm EDT/8 pm CDT/6 pm PDT).카지노사이트
Online oddsmakers have Mexican Rey Vargas as the slight Favorite (-125) in this bout over Filipino and reigning WBC Featherweight champ Mark Magsayo (-105) and Vargas has W6 straight bout by a Unanimous Decision (UD) and that’s now priced at +650 at MyBookie.ag.
Renowned Boxing experts Ring magazine has the right-handed champion Magsayo currently ranked as the No. 2 Featherweight behind the Weight Class’ No. 1 contender, WBO champion Emmanuel Navarrete of Mexico (35-1-0, 29 KOs).
Value in Underdog Magsayo vs. Vargas in SA on Saturday?
Magasayo will be at a big crowd disadvantage, with such a strong Hispanic population in San Antonio and expect the betting handle in Offshore and Online books to be slanted to the Mexican, with more action and noise expected for Vargas in the Lone Star State.
The Undercard on this SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® event on Saturday night is thick as a Texas brick and will feature a WBC Featherweight Title Eliminator bout between Brandon Figueroa (22-1-1) and Carlos Castro (27-1-0) in the co-Main Event.
The night will open with a great fight between unbeaten Lightweight southpaw Frank Martin (17-0-0) against Dominican Jackson Mariñez (19-2-2) in a Premier Boxing Champions event at the Alamodome, the home of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs.
“The Ghost” Martin was originally going to fight Ricardo Núñez, but the 28-year-old had Visa problems so Mariñez will step in. In the aforementioned Figueroa bout, oddsmakers have Figueroa as a huge -700 Favorite to defeat underdog Castro (+400, MyBookie.ag).
So if you do want to back Magsayo, research the best Boxing Betting Sites online for a higher number later on Saturday night before the fight, which according to the numbers, will probably not be seeing a Knockout (KO), but you never know in the Sweet Science.
Mark Magsayo vs. Rey Vargas Odds
Moneyline Odds: Mark Magsayo -105 vs. Rey Vargas -125
Total Rounds (Over/Under)
Over 10½ -350 vs. Under 10½ +250
Mark Magsayo vs. Rey Vargas Props Odds
Will the Fight Go the Distance?
Yes -300, No +225
Method of Victory
- Mark Magsayo by Decision or Technical Decision +185
- Mark Magsayo by KO, TKO or DQ +400
- Rey Vargas by by Decision or Technical Decision +650
- Rey Vargas by KO, TKO or DQ +550
- Draw or Technical Draw +1200
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 1 +6600
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 2 +6600
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 3 +4000
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 4 +3300
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 5 +3300
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 6 +2800
- Mark Magsayowins in Round 7 +2800
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 8 +2800
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 9 +3300
- Mark Magsayowins in Round 10 +3300
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 11 +4000
- Mark Magsayo wins in Round 12 +5000 바카라사이트
- Mark Magsayo wins by Decision or Technical Decision +190
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 1 +10000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 2 +10000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 3 +8000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 4 +6600
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 5 +5000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 6 +4000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 7 +2000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 8 +3300
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 9 +3300
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 10 +3300
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 11 +4000
- Rey Vargas wins in Round 12 +4000
- Rey Vargas wins by Decision or Technical Decision +150
- Draw or Technical Draw +1300
Saturday, July 9, 2022
Mark Magsayo (24-0-0, 16 KOs) vs. Rey Vargas (35-0-0, 19 KOs)
WBC Featherweight World Championship Bout: (126 pounds 57 kg), 12 Rounds
Location: Alamaodome, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Main Card Time: 9 pm EDT/8 pm CDT/6 pm PDT
Undercard Time: 7 pm EDT/6 pm CDT/4 pm PDT
Promotion: TGP Promotions
At Stake: Briedis WBC Featherweight World Championship belt
Mark Magsayo Record: 24-0-0 (16 KOs)
Rey Vargas Record: 35-0-0 (22KOs)
Ages: Magsayo—27, Vargas—31
Native Countries: Magsayo—Philippines, Vargas—Mexico
Stances: Magsayo—Orthodox, Opetaia—Orthodox
Current Winning Streaks: Briedis—W24, Opetaia—W35
Current Career Trajectory: Magsayo—Peaking, Opetaia—Peaking
TV Coverage: Showtime
Moneyline Odds: Magsayo -105, Vargas -125 (MyBookie)
Free Boxing Pick: Mark Magsayo -105
About Mark Magsayo
Mark Magsayo is 27- year-old who has been on the Ring Top 10 Featherweight rankings list for 135 weeks and who like veteran Vergas, hasn’t lost a bout yet, so unless we see a Draw here, one of these fighters is finally going to suffer his first Loss in the square ring.
“Magnifico” Magsayo was born in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines and he has held the WBC Featherweight title belt since January of 2022 and he is ranked No. 2 by Ring magazine, No. 3 by BoxRec, and No. 3 by TBRB in the Featherweight weight class.
WBC World Featherweight champion Magsayo is 5’6½” (169 cm) and has a 67½” Reach (171 cm), and will have the Age (youth) edge but Mexican sensation Vargas is much taller (5’10½), has the 3-inch Reach advantage (70½”), and will have the crowd in his corner.
About Rey Vargas
Rey Vargas is a 34-year-old Mexican-born professional Boxer and the right-hander has gone unbeaten in his first 35 bouts of his career and who is now facing the biggest fight of his career on Saturday night and hopes he will “Remember the Alamo” in the right way.
Vargas made his Pro debut back in may of 2010 and won the IBF championship in his 11th bout, Vargas won by a KO in 15 of his first 16 fights and was knocked down for the first time by Sylvester Lopez, but came back (obviously) to win that fight.
His last 6 fights have all been Unanimous Decision Wins and with those big Height (4 inches) and Reach (3 inches) edges and the crowd in San Antonio expected to be pulling for him, it’s easy to see why oddsmakers shaded Vargas as the Favorite against the champ.
The Mark Magsayo-Rey Vargas Boxing Card
- Mark Magsayo vs. Rey Vargas
- Brandon Figueroa vs Carlos Castro
- Frank Martin vs Jackson Mariñez
- Rashidi Ellis vs Jose Maruffo
- Ramon Cardenas vs Michell Banquez
- John Rincon vs Archie Weah
- Raymond Guajardo vs Dario Guererro-Meneses
- Samuel Arnold vs Antonio Hernandez
- Sequiel Hernandez Jr vs Joshua Montoya
- Xavier Bocanegra vs Travis Crawford
- Julio Gomez vs Fabian Diaz
Broadcasting – Where to Watch Magsayo-Vargas
This Magsayo-Vargas Main Card (9 pm EDT/8 pm CDT/6 pm PDT) and Undercard (7 pm EDT/6 CDT/ 4 pm PDT) will be televised on the SHOWTIME SPORTS® YouTube channel.
Why Magsayo Is the Pick Here, How to Approach
This fight seems like another decent chance to back an unbeaten underdog—we nailed the IBF Cruiserweight Championship fight between Mairis Breidis and Jai Opetaia for you here last weekend— in a scheduled 12-rounder that might see a surprise Knockout.
With money possibly pouring in on slight favorite and former Mexican Featherweight champion Vargas, maybe the best betting on Boxing strategy here is to wait until Vargas Opetaina rises 10 cents to -135 or more and then look for Magsayo at a moderate plus.온라인카지노